PE and sport premium for primary schools
The PE and sport premium for primary schools is extra funding allocated to primary schools with the aim to improve physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016.
2. Hankham's PE and sport premium allocation for the current academic year (2014-2015)
Hankham Primary School was allocated £8359
3. Details of how we spend our allocation
- specialist PE teachers
- sports equipment
- swimming lessons
4. Impact this funding has on pupils' PE and sport participation and attainment.
- increased participation in after-school activities
- increased participation in inter-schools competitions
- increased success in inter-schools competitions
- Staff have up to date training and increased confidence in the subject.
- Children will have experience of friendly competition to take with them to build on in their next school.
- Raised profile of PE in the school.
- Children will be able to apply skills learned at clubs to their sports lessons.
- Children will learn some wider skills beyond the curriculum.
- Children will be water confident; Life skill learned as children live close to the coast.