PE and sport premium for primary schools
The PE and sport premium for primary schools is extra funding allocated to primary schools with the aim to improve physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015, 2015 to 2016 and 2016-2017.
2. Hankham's PE and sport premium allocation for the current academic year (2016-2017)
Hankham Primary School has been allocated £8615
3. Details of how we spend our allocation
- specialist PE teachers to support with the teaching of PE
- sports equipment
- swimming lessons beyond the statutory requirement
4. Impact this funding has on pupils' PE and sport participation and attainment.
- increased participation in after-school activities
- increased participation in inter-schools competitions
- increased success in inter-schools competitions
- Children have experience of friendly competition to take with them to build on in their next school.
- Raised profile of PE in the school.
- Staff have up to date training and increased confidence in the subject.
- Children are able to apply skills learned at clubs to their sports lessons.
- Children learn some wider skills beyond the curriculum.
- Children are more water confident; life skill learned as children live close to the coast.
- The impact above have led to our successful application for the GOLD School Games Award -
- We monitor sporting achievements regularly and from this monitoring we can adapt provision and target particular groups (e.g. gender or age related) to encourage participation across all pupil groups.
The graph below shows the number of sporting achievements 2015-2016 per year group.
The graph below shows the the number of pupils 2015-2016 awarded a sporting achievement by gender.
The graph below shows the the number of pupils 2015-2016 awarded a sporting achievement by House.